Wednesday, June 13, 2007

UR FIRED!!!

Today was the worst so far in some ways. I’ve hit a major brick wall. Writing an audit manual when you don’t really enjoy is something of a personal hell in ways. I’ve been excited to learn about audit procedures (which I know is really dorky –but hey that’s me right?). Today I realized that our operational manual already includes most of the things that I would have put in the audit manual I have been assigned to write. So I figured I should see which of the worlds companies are stupid enough to allow their internal audit manuals to get published on the interwebs. Turns out that there are more than you would think, which is good news for me and if ignorance is bliss I’m sure they’ll be fine. I felt a bit better when I inadvertently got the “IT guy” we’ve been using fired. The internet has been very very sketchy at the office since we arrived and he’s not doing a very good job in fixing it. I inquired from a fiery woman when Chris would be coming. She realized that it had been an hour since he had told her over the phone that he was on his way. She called 3 times during an unrelated yet VERY intense conversation about Kenya stuff and he never answered. After about five minutes he called. She picked up the phone and in a very commanding voice asked where he was and before he answered told him he was fired because she was tired of waiting. During the five minute conversation we had had -mentioned earlier- she had contacted Africa Online and not only received a reference for a new IT guy but had called and arranged for him to come in the morning before we open for business tomorrow; All while carrying on an interesting conversation with me. So needless to say, I’ve found a TYPE-A personality. Is it bad when the highpoint of you day is getting someone fired?

This is a picture of a typical day at the office:

2 comments:

johnnieb said...

lol getting people fired... i try it daily and i never can accomplish it. we are having our agency audit done right now and i hate it... have fun with that...

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson: "Get to work on time."