Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Short But Sweet

I know that all of you only look at the pictures anyway so this post is mostly pictures. I’m sure no one will cry themselves to sleep over this. Last night Grace (who has insisted on being referred to as “G-Unit” in all publicized media) and I decided to go back to a hotel that looks over the bay north of Mombasa. We played with the setting on our cameras and each shot photos until our batteries were dead. Because neither of us had a tripod and are completely lacking photographic skills are fairly new to photographing things, most of them turned out as junk. I liked these though and hope you do too. Feel free to comment. For what its worth, if we look rather blank or stiff, it’s because the shutter was staying open for so long and any movement blurred things a bit. And here they are:

I thought the view was amazing

















Don't Move.. DON'T MOVE!!


















This may be the best picture I've ever taken














I call this one "Stiff as a Board"

4 comments:

Jim said...

Fantastic pictures... but I don't understand - why don't you run down to Wal*mart and just pickup a tripod! Sheesh... ;-)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Cool pics, bro.

For the record, I like reading about your every-day adventures, too. It's fun to know what life is like over there, and I enjoy "hearing" your voice.

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading the commentary everytime you post the pictures are just an added bonus. Hey hope all is well drop me an e-mail I lost yours. Peace. Sal

Haydee said...

hey, i dont remember if i emailed you last or left a comment on here, but i am flying out to kenya tue. morning. let me know how i can get a hold of you so that if we are in the same area we can get together... how freaking fun would that be?!