Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Prelude to a Trip

This will be short and sweet. I wanted to wish a very impersonal happy birthday to my father and brother whom I won't be able to call since I'll be in Lamu this weekend. I also want to try to upload some photos with the photo feature on Blogspot. We'll see how that goes. If theres a photo when you read this, it worked. If not you may never read this. haha
Ok turns out it worked. This dolls head was in old town. It seemed momentous given that white dolls are "not so common" in Africa. White doll... nail in head. Hmm. fun. As I've mentioned, I really want to write about being white in Kenya. Most aspects of it are good, although there are some decidedly bad things about it. I'll hit both of them in a couple days. thanks for reading. Oh, and for what its worth, my little google bomb worked. I doubled my traffic from search engines the day that I Had the title iPhone, iPhone, iPhone. Last I checked... if you google "Kenya iPhone" my blog is the top hit on google. Thats a strange sensation.

1 comment:

Jim said...

You're famous! I just ckecked - you're not only the first hit for google, but #1 AND #2!!