Thursday, June 7, 2007

Today (Thursday)

It was really hot today but I didn’t sweat a lot so maybe my body is starting to get used to things? We worked really hard until about 3 PM and then decided we’d head to a beach a few minutes from my house. Because we were walking I decided not to take my camera, which was a shame. When we got to the beach there were 20 or so camels just lounging on the beach. I also noticed there were a few local guys playing soccer on the beach. I got up my courage and went and asked to play. I fell a little above the average as far as skill level of the group was concerned. I had always heard that beach soccer was really physically taxing and made a complete idiot of myself the first couple times I got the ball. Playing soccer on the beach is basically like playing soccer in mashed potatoes. When you expect the ball to go, it stops and when you want it to stop it goes really fast. I ended scoring two goals and I think I made a good showing for myself. Hopefully I’ll play with them again. It was much harder than any of the runs we’ve been doing. And thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Ya!

3 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Soccer on mashed potatoes - the mind boggles.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Btw, why did you decide to moderate comments? Do you actually intend to respond to them now? :)

Sheree in GA said...

Andrew, it is so wonderful to read about all of your adventures. We will miss your presence this summer!