Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Untitled (How to say I love you this February)

We have all experienced that feeling of anxiety as Valentines day approaches (and by Valentines day I mean my birthday which is five days later). What do we get for our significant other? Well, I would like to put forward what I think is a very viable alternative to the more cliche gifts that are given during this time of year. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... GUCCI. Ice Cube. Trays. Yes that's plural.



















You get not one but two designer Ice cube trays for the nominal price of $70.00 (US). Some naysayers may point out that the G shaped ice cubes would be next to impossible to get out of the tray in one peace. I would say to these people that the sheer awesomeness of just one Gucci Ice Cube outweighs all of the heartbreak resulting from all of the broken ones. This is why you prefreeze all of your ice leading up to important get togethers - My mom always does anyway. While you formerly could get the trays from high end retailers like Neiman Marcus, they are now only found on eBay - Like most things truely worth buying. So as February rolls around. Do the right thing and get me your significant other GUCCI Ice Cube Trays.

1 comment:

meggan said...

I saw these at Neiman Marcus outlet in Vegas a few years ago and was equally as enchanted as you are. Not purchasing those has haunted me as one of the worst decisions I have ever made. My fingers are crossed for Valentines Day...