Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mash Up

This will probably be my last blog before the safari. I'll do the same as the blog before my last trip where I upload some pictures that are a bit of a mishmash. This time many of the pictures are from other interns. We back up everyones pictures on a small hard drive I have, just in case. I hope you enjoy.




This should go without much need for a definition for anyone that has visited a third world country. The glass keeps you from hopping the wall. I don't know if its effective or not, but its really pretty in the sunlight anyway.











Sam took this picture in Lamu. This is one of our favorite restaurants right after our respective sea food dinners had arrived.















This is a beach near Lamu. I love that the trip cost me 100 dollars. Even with the mosquitoes it was worth every cent.













This beach was on Manda Island next to the ruins we visited. The guide pointed to his left and said "thats Somalia," then to his right and said "thats Mombasa." I think I know what he meant.












I don't think this is the same company. But the driver told me last month when the picture was taken that he had a hot tip. I leaned over and he said "Richard K. is stepping down next month." Turns out he was right.









In other news, I've lost more weight. This will probably make my mother nervous and friends at home jealous. I love this Kenya Diet. I'll bottle up a bit and bring it home. Just have your check books ready kids. I'll see you after the safari. Oh, I also finished my major summer project ahead of schedule. It was really validating to see how glad my boss was that I had it done. I showed him how I can turn the manual into a PDF and he was even more happy. So life is good.

3 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Congrats on the project, bro.

Funny that you're loving the seafood - I actually took the plunge and cooked some tonight. It was OK, but I still don't get what all the fuss is about. Call me immature. :)

andy and cami said...

Andrew- We need some more hot tips here at the Farg. Find that driver and see what else he's got!

andy and cami said...

More hot tips! More hot tips!